Monday 22 April 2019

Public Engagement and Performance Conference 2019

Tim Buescher writes:
 

  • Essay writing as a board game.
  • Dance class for student for student teachers.
  • A play derived from interview data.
  • Documentary and creative films disseminating a variety of research.
  • And art activist Barbie! (@BarbieReports)

 


These and more wonderful examples of engaging communities with research through performance were at the 5th Plic Engagement and Performance Conference, which took place at the Hepworth Gallery Wakefield on 29th and 30th of March. I had the honour of giving the opening presentation in which I talked through my use of photography, poetry, installation, performance and creative non-fiction in the course of completing my doctorate. Many of the people associated with this conference have formed an integral part of the extended network of support which I drew on throughout. This small network is extremely supportive of new ideas and I would recommend it to anyone considering using creative methods for engagement. Here’s a link to a short film from a previous conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment